Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Pregnancy Journey... Part 1

I promised to share some of my pregnancy experiences with you. The fact that I got pregnant in the first place is a miracle itself...but aren't all pregnancies miracles? For those of you that don't know, I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was three years old.  I was on many medications when I was younger that had the possibility of making me sterile.

I honestly had no idea if I was ever going to get married.  That's a whole other story.  Find it here.

I was recently looking through my bedside table (you know, that place where you store a lot of "stuff") and found this prayer that I had written on Valentine's Day, 2012.  I have a journal that I write in, but for some reason I wrote this prayer on a single sheet of paper.  I share it with you to relay to you what my heart desires and fears were at the time.

Dear Lord,
So as you know, John and I have been thinking about trying to have a baby.  I laugh, because when we say "trying to have a baby" it sounds like the power is in our hands.  We know that you are Sovereign and have our best interests in mind. You also know the areas that I worry about: finances, teaching next year.  But I have to laugh at that too because what better position to be in than parenting if I am looking to teach.  So, basically I have complete trust in you to lead us how you want to.  You've always been faithful, and you know what is best for us. If you want us to have a baby at this time, then I ask that you open my womb. If it is not the time, then o.k. You know best.  I pray that if it's time to be pregnant that you take away my fears about being pregnant.  I pray that my body will react positively to pregnancy.  I pray that my knees and feet will hold up and be strong.  I just pray that you will sustain my whole body.  I pray for John as it might be stressful for him as well.  You know our needs.  We love you.  We trust you! 

Prayer played a huge part in my pregnancy....it has played a huge part in my LIFE for that matter. I think the greatest gifts (other than my salvation) have been the prayers that people have offered up on my behalf.  I have another cool prayer story that I will share in my next post that relates to my pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment