Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015... Let's Do This!


Well hello friends. To say that it's been awhile since I have posted is an understatement.  I'm not blaming it on anything in particular...ahem...having a baby.  The fact is, I just haven't made it a priority. My apologies. 

I love the start of a new year.  I absolutely yearn for the time to come to get a new calendar and fill it out.  I don't make resolutions but I do make goals.  This year I bought a pack of Lara Casey's Powersheets to help me organize my thoughts. 

 I've started filling them out and just really appreciate they way they are laid out. I find joy in filling out forms and seeing things on paper. (I know, I'm weird:)   Go to www.laracaseyshop.com to learn more.  I do, however, believe they are sold out until the spring. I was only introduced to Lara Casey a week or two ago, but man, I wish we were friends:)  

I also started a Bible Study by Jennie Allen called "Restless".  

I was drawn to it because, well.... I feel very restless sometimes. I feel like my mind is just a pool of ideas at times. Ideas that sometimes seem too big to accomplish.  Ideas that I think are great but fear others might find silly.  I struggle with this feeling of restlessness because I never want it to be out of discontentment.  I truly believe God does give us a spirit of restlessness at times, because he is moving us towards something new.  Jennie says in her book:
We are designed to dream
We are called to dream
We must dream

I know the Lord has given me gifts and abilities that I MUST use.  I fear wasting my life. I also know there is a time and a season for things.  Right now my main priority is raising my little girl in the knowledge of the Lord and leading her the best I know how.  So... some of my dreams are solo involved that they might have to wait for a different season of life when I can truly commit time and energy to them. 

As I move into 2015, I believe this is going to be my theme verse. I've read it so many times, but it is just a great section of Scripture to memorize and really commit to.  I feel like it's almost like a checklist for life.
Hebrews 12:1-3
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great could of witnesses, 
Let us
 THROW OFF everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles,
and let us
RUN WITH PERSEVERANCE the race marked out for us. 
Let us 
FIX OUR EYES ON JESUS, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning it's shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
CONSIDER HIM who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

I can make all the goals in the world, but if Jesus in not before them and in them, they mean nothing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment