Friday, June 25, 2010

Chicken Piccata

As most of you know, I am not a huge chef.  You will not see me on America's Top Chef.  You might, however, see me with my good friend Kristi on "Worst Chef in America"... oh the stories we could tell.  :-)

When I was down in North Carolina a month ago visiting my friends Jill and Ben Ressler, I was introduced to an easy, tasteful recipe called Chicken Piccata.  A whole new world has been opened to me.  It is delicious.  I like using the white wine instead of the chicken stock.  It gives it just that extra flair of flavor.  I made this for my mom for lunch yesterday because she was celebrating her 32nd Wedding Anniversary without my dad because he is on a motorcylce trip with the guys.  She was impressed... so trust me when I say if it was good and I made it, YOU will have much success!!  Bon appetite.....


Chicken Piccata



1 teaspoon garlic powder, pepper, and dry basil


2 tablespoons butter or margarine


2 tablespoons olive oil


1 cup white wine (also can use beef or chicken broth)


3 tablespoons lemon juice


1 lemon, thinly sliced


2 tablespoons capers, drained


Cut chicken breasts with the grain into ¼ inch slices. Pound any end chunks to about ¼ inch thick. In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, pepper and basil. Rub into chicken slices. Coat chicken evenly in flour, shaking off excess. Heat butter and oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat and add chicken slices. Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side. Once chicken is all cooked, add wine and lemon juice to pan. Arrange lemon slices over chicken. Reduce heat to medium/low, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with capers.

No comments:

Post a Comment