Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chocolate Covered WHAT????

One of my favorite places in the entire world is Ocean City, NJ.  It's like coming home.  It's the beach my family has gone to my whole life and the one I hope to take my kids to one day.  My dad was away on a motorcycle trip this past week, and so my mom just wanted to take a day trip to the beach on Sunday.  We left around 6:30 a.m. only to get to the fogged in OC.  It was perfect though.  The fog lifted two hours later and  the rest of the day was just perfect.  I fell alseep on my stomach for a long while and as a result, got badly burnt on my legs. But all in all, it was an excellent day.  I got some reading done, took a nap and just enjoyed the day with my mom.
We went up on the boardwalk to get some Mack N Mancos pizza for lunch.  As we were sitting on a bench facing the stores of the bordwalk, my eye caught a sign that completely knocked my socks off.  CHOCOLATE COVERED BACON.   What??  Are you kidding me?   Sure,  we have chocolate covered strawberries and bananas, but bacon?  Really?  I am a lover of bacon to the point of ridiculousness.  I love bacon. Period.  But I would have never thought to have covered it in chocolate. 

In the words of my friend Hannah:  "I actually really like chocolate covered bacon. Same principal as chocolate covered pretzels. Sweet and salty. Ummmmm."

I really do want to give it a try.  The next time I head to OC, my first stop will be the chocolate covered bacon store.  I'll let you know how it is. 

2 comments:

  1. I will try out the bacon with you in a couple of months. Can't wait to go to OCNJ. You're right about it being home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.k. girl!! We will try it together!!!Can't wait to see you! :-)

    ReplyDelete