Monday, March 5, 2012

Yes.....Yes I Did

I have a thing for cute coffee shops.  It is a life dream of mine to someday own one.  So... whenever I'm in a new place I scout out the town for a family owned coffee shop.  


I was visiting my friend Raven in Summerville, SC last week. (She and her family use to be our neighbors, but then moved :(  We miss them dearly).
 The "old town" section of Summerville is super cute with many cute little boutiques and restaurants.   As we were walking around I saw a cute coffee shop called ....



I knew I had to stop back after lunch to get something.  

Raven, Claire and I had lunch and then I needed to start heading home, but not before I stopped into Single Smile Cafe. 

As we were walking in, the "Specials" chalkboard caught my eye. Now, for any of you that know me, you know that I am a HUGE fan of bacon!  
I've tried chocolate covered bacon,
I've tried bacon flavored sunflower seeds
I've tried bacon flavored jelly beans
 I've tried all sorts of bacon,
 and it never disappoints.  
Never in my life would I have imagined a 

BACON LATTE!!!

This was like a dream.... my two favorite things in the world rolled into one! 
I stepped right into the cafe with a spring in my step. I was a little skeptical though about how it would taste. I went up to the counter and asked,
"How is the bacon latte?"  
The cute little Asian woman behind the counter told me that people loved it! I asked if I could try a little sip before I ordered a whole cup of it.  She said that I would have to order a small.  
Ugh....did I want to waste my money on something I wasn't sure was going to be good. 
I ended up going with the safe bet of ordering a Caramel Macchiato... my drink of choice. 

The ladies and I then had a seat at this huge table.  We were chatting it up when suddenly.....

I hear Raven say,
"Oh look!"

As I turned my head to the left, there was like what seemed to be a beam of light from heaven.  The little Asian lady was walking toward me me a small little espresso shot glass filled with the Bacon Latte. 
She said, "Here you go....Bacon Latte!"

I was grateful. 
Extremely grateful.  
Over the top grateful.  
  The first thing I did was smell it... and sure enough it smelled like smokey bacon. Then I took a pic of it. And then.....I tasted it. 

OH.MY.LANDS.....


Pure genius!  It was absolutely the most amazing taste that has ever crossed my palate.  I had Raven taste it, and she agreed that it was really good.  
I have no idea how they made it, but I can't say enough about it.  So... if you are ever in Summerville, SC make it a point to stop at 
Single Smile Cafe
100-A South Main Street
Summerville, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment