Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Day Before the New Adventure

Well.. tomorrow John and I start a new adventure.  We are moving back to Pennsylvania from South Carolina due to John getting a new job.

Many people have been asking me how I am feeling about the move....
I will be completely honest...
 I have struggled with the fact of moving.  

I have really grown to love South Carolina the past 9 months that I have been down here.  It was rough at first moving to a new place, but over time I adapted and have met some wonderful people.  I also am thankful for having my in-laws close and also my best friend Jill, 2 hours away.  

I have also enjoyed the time that I have had with John down here in South Carolina.  It has been so extremely good for our marriage to be away from PA to start off. It's just  I never went away from college, never moved out of my home town and have just desperately been craving full independence.  

Looking back I enjoyed the challenge of coming to a place where no one knew me and I knew no one.  It forced me out of my comfort zone and I have met some wonderful, wonderful people.  I think I am most sad about this.  It's been said that it takes someone about 6-7 months to adapt to a new place.  I am just past that mark.  I see SOOO much potential in relationships with the people I have met down here, and it makes me sad that my time with them has been cut short.  However, I am thankful for social media and technology.  People are no more than a click away at any time.  But, I just want the people I have met down here, and you know who you are, that I appreciate you so much :)  

All that to say... I love my husband and am behind him 100%.  I wouldn't want to be moving with anyone  else :)  We know that this is where the Lord is leading us for right now... so we choose to follow.  






No comments:

Post a Comment