Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Tree Diet....



So John and I got our Christmas tree over the weekend.... I was super excited because I just love Christmas trees and John negotiated the price down ten dollars!  It's a pretty tree, although we did have a heck of a time getting it to stand straight in the tree stand.


While we were driving home, John asked me, "So what do you usually feed your Christmas trees?
"What do I FEED my Christmas tree? Um....usually just water." 
"Isn't there some kind of food that you can give it to live longer?"

I immediately went to my iphone and googled Christmas tree food.  And so this year, my friends, we will not only be giving our tree water, but also Sprite. The carbonation and the sugar somehow helps the tree last longer. I'll let you know how it works out. 
 I also found some mentions of people giving their tree an aspirin. 

Yes an aspirin.  LOL

John also asked me if I ever fireproofed my tree. 

No.

But after much research I found this to be a common theme:
Fill a bucket with 2 gallons of hot water and add 2 cups Karo syrup, 2 ozs. liquid chlorine bleach, 2 pinches Epsom salt, 1/2 tsp. Borax and 1 tsp. chelated iron.

Read more: How to Fireproof a Christmas Tree | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2050458_fireproof-christmas-tree.html#ixzz1flwrOnBr

So there you go... I expect everyone's tree to last until after the New Year :-)



  





No comments:

Post a Comment